The ‘EG Schools Network’ has been set up by a group of schools leaders who are interested in fostering a growth mindset within their schools. As a network of schools we are committed to developing a culture of excellence and aspiration in everything we do within our whole community. Over time, we are hoping that the network will grow.
By doing this we will:
- Raise aspirations of students, staff, families and the whole community
- Develop and instil a desire for learning that is deep and lasting
- Foster a growth mindset
- Transform the life chances of our young people by realising their potential
We believe that this is achieved by embedding the following qualities and attributes of ‘Excellence & Growth’:
- An ethic of hard work and deliberate practice – with a view to mastering key academic content and skills;
- A culture and expectation of excellence – through academic rigour, challenge and high expectations;
- Perseverance and resilience – so developing an understanding that struggle and overcoming obstacles are both key to success;
- An ability to think critically and solve problems;
- An appreciation and understanding of feedback and critique– as a means of developing a deep learning;
- An ability to communicate ideas well and work collaboratively.
The network of schools will support each other with this by:
- Sharing case studies of strategies and techniques that schools have used to develop growth and excellence through a regularly updated blog;
- Share blog articles relating to developing a Growth Mindset;
- Sharing knowledge and resources;
- Offering consultancy support for schools;
- Facilitating collaborative work and visits between schools;
- Organising annual conferences to share best practice;
- Organising webinars to support collaboration and development.